Dear Wyoming City Schools Families and Staff,
Wyoming City Schools is committed to creating a school culture that fosters a sense of belonging among all students, staff, and families. As the violence against Black Americans continues and protests take place across the globe calling for an end to racial injustice, we are intentionally focusing on the need to support our Black students, staff, and families. We are committed to identifying and addressing racial injustice in our schools. Additionally, we value our role in educating our community and we will work to support the critical conversations that must take place.
During the 2020-2021 school year, we will:
- Investigate our student data in special education, gifted education, discipline, and other areas.
- Critically evaluate our curriculum to ensure it represents all students.
- Examine our hiring practices with the goal of diversifying our staff.
- Provide opportunities for our students and alumni of color, their families, and community members to share their experiences and thoughts.
- Engage all staff in discussions regarding bias and racism.